The Douglas'

The Douglas'
Explore and Learn

Monday, April 21, 2008

Racing for a Cure

That's right! Me racing for a cure for breast cancer. My goal for this year is to get more physically fit and I decided what better way to reward my accomplishments so far than to run a 5K. While looking for a race I discovered that the annual Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure was being held in Boise on May 10th. Doesn't give me much time to get in shape to run over 3 miles, but then again if I can't run it I can walk it....as long as I finish I say.

If you want to help me raise funds for the cure you can donate at my race site:
http://race.komenboise.org/goto/mamadouglas

I'm getting excited and it's still over 2 weeks away. Oye that's going to be a long Saturday...check in starts at 7am. I'll be doing this alone this year, but perhaps I'll make some friends along the way. Here's to Jackie...my husbands step-grandmother....racing for you!!

No comments: